Monday, May 18, 2009

No More Carpets...a Few More Kittens

I've been very busy. Basically I move stuff every night after work then go home and pack-up more stuff to move the next night. On top of that, I've been pulling out more carpet. Yesterday I removed the last stitch of carpet from the entire house. It is the last stitch of carpet the house will ever see...at least as long as I own it. Anyone who has removed carpet knows how gross it is...after that, I just can't see ever putting carpet down again. Factor in the dogs...forget it! I'll post some pics as soon as I get a few spare minutes in which I am not exhausted.

We were going to leave carpet in two bedrooms that had it until we got around to deciding what to do with them but once the house had a chance to sit for a week we were picking up on more funk and traced it to the master walk-in closet. I should explain that the house has a doggie door on it and from the first day we looked at it, I realized that door was was open and the cover was bent so it couldn't close all the way. So, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the previous owners nastiness we've been smelling but the neighborhood cats squatting in my house. The moment I got the key I bashed it shut with a brick but the damage as done. I found a mama cat and 3 (maybe 4) kittens hiding behind my shed. At first I thought it was a dead cat laying in front of the shed because what I saw didn't move but as I approached, a head popped up and what I thought was one dead cat divided into 4 kinetic pieces and bolted in between the shed and the wall where I couldn't get to them. I haven't had time to coax them out but they seem to be doing fine. The dogs spend all their time out in the yard with their noses pushed into the crack between the shed and wall with mama doing the witchy-cat up on the wall so at least it is entertaining them.

My latest dilemma is the irrigation system. The plants all looked good when I took ownership but they are slowly drying up and I can't figure out how to get it running. I got the main box in the back programmed and seemed to be working but it never kicked any of the valves on. I'll probably have to get someone out there to check it out. I watered everything by hand over the weekend to keep it alive but will hopefully get the system working soon as that will be much more efficient, both time and water wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment