Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thinking Out Loud...as usual

So, I haven't made any progress in the real sense but I have been scheming...I mean planning.

Photobucket

The green wall was planned to be some sort of translucent plastic but I'm having trouble finding something to use. I'm looking for something thin and cheap but not corrugated that I can screw to the studs on both sides of the wall.

Photobucket

If that doesn't happen I'm going to just drywall it and paint it out. The window in the top is existing and I'll leave it but I'm thinking of adding another pane of glass to give it some insulation. The one good thing about drywalling this wall is it's already insulated because it was an exterior wall at one time and that will provide some sound attenuation. Probably doesn't matter much though because the door I have designed will likely leak sound like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment