Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shamed Myself Into It

I was inspired by how lame I sound when I keep saying that we did this or that "as a temporary measure" because it isn't what we want to be working on...yet, I'm never working on what I want to be working on.

Are you keeping up?

So this morning (not very early this morning) I decided to finally tackle THE WALL.

That would be the rest of the wall that I have yet to take out.

Photobucket
This is the last image I posted of the wall in question.

Photobucket
This is what it looked like when I moved in...the wall I'm taking out, if it isn't obvious, is the one on the left. In the top picture, the area of the door has been removed up to the top plate.

Photobucket
So here, I stripped off the paneling on one side to make sure there isn't anything in there I didn't know about. The wall is furred on both sided in an apparent effort to center it in that wide front window mullion. ??

Photobucket
My "work" is very secret...you can't see.
(this a is safety measure for taking out the glass in the clerestory window...or transoms...what are they?)

Photobucket
Almost gone. This was very clever. I cut the section of the wall out and then realized it was too big to lay down in either direction. The portion that is already missing is the second one I did in which I cut it in half (top and bottom) as I was removing it. This section is leaning there waiting for me to do the same thing to it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ta-da! I'm going to leave the two 2x4s and top plate there until I fix the roof joists. I still have some trim and paneling to strip off. This is very exciting...the space is huge! At least to me. I have never had a place with a room that is 20'x15'. The living room in this house is 19'x13' but it has two traffic routes through it so the effective area of that room is really more like 15'x10'

Now I really have to get planning what I'm going to do with this space! I think some Carbon-Vudu fabrication might be in order...

No comments:

Post a Comment