Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Writing Space - Accomplished if not necessarily Finished

Once again, it has been a while. A lot has happened...not all good. I did start the novel project for NaNoWriMo on schedule on November 1st and thus never posted any pictures of the "finished" writing space. Here it is:
Photobucket

Photobucket

And the #1 writing tool...

Photobucket

Photobucket
I thought this pic was cool...makes it look like a stage set...

I, of course, didn't get the space finished but I got it in shape to use. And use it I did. Up until 3 things happened; My brother came to visit, I had a car wreck, and the GF and I decided to have an open house before the holidays hit. We decided on the party before my brother got there and once that was decided, I was pretty sure I was not going to get my novel finished. Remember, I was shooting for 50,000 words in one month. On November 16th I had 22,000 words...not bad because as I approached the finish last time I did this (Nov. 2008) I had several writing bursts near the end so being almost halfway to the word-count at halfway through the month is good. On November 17th, however, I was rear-ended on the 51 on my way home from work. I wasn't hurt, just a little bruised and sore but my car was a total loss. On November 18th I picked my brother up from the airport in my truck and on November 21st we had our party. I haven't written anything since November 16th.

I also haven't made any further improvements to the "loft" since then. Although, the loft has been serving as the landing space for all our junk we haven't found a place for and for the party we decided to clean it out (as much as possible). So we took a bunch of stuff to the dump...

Photobucket

And set up this vignette using surplus furniture (meaning mine from my rental place.) Note that the ceiling fans were in the truck on the way to the dump so the pics below were taken before I decided I could stand them no more!

Photobucket

Photobucket

At least it gives an idea of the space up there.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ron,
    Funny thing happened. I came across your blog while trolling Carbon Vudu. My wife and I bought a 50s house this past summer, shortly after I found your website while looking for other people blogging about transforming their house. Now, I'm back full circle. You should come see our blog. It's right by your link at CV.

    By the way, great work on your house. Keep it up!
    Spencer.

    ReplyDelete